- 5-01-15 Mombacho Cigars S.A. releases Liga Maestro to select US retailers
GRANADA, NICARAGUA – April 28, 2015 – Granada based Mombacho Cigars S.A. (Mombacho) announced today that it has released a highly limited quantity of its Liga Maestro line in the US. Originally developed for the Italian market, Liga Maestro will be sold through a select number of US retailers in the next week. The Liga Maestro brand is a collaboration between Mombacho Master Blender Claudio Sgroiand Italian cigar luminary Stefano Bertini who developed the concept in 2012. Sgroi created the blend to be a distinctly flavorful Nicaraguan puro specifically for the Italian premium cigar market. The blend of tobaccos from Jalapa Valley and Condega was an immediate hit with Italian retailers quickly selling out and the cigar being rated #3 in Italy by Cigars Lover Magazine. The brand is now slated for expansion into the rest of the continental European market. “Liga Maestro is an important project for Mombacho to show Nicaraguan tobacco blended in a highly sophisticated way to fit the European palette, traditionally dominated by Cuban and Dominican tobacco,” commented Claudio Sgroi. “When our US retail partners tasted Liga Maestro at Casa Favilli in January, we were overwhelmed by their feedback and demand for this cigar. This limited release is to thank them for their support and to give their customers an opportunity to taste a very different Nicaraguan cigar.” Retailers carrying Liga Maestro include; Cigar Hustler (Florida), Lone Star State Cigar Co. (Texas), Riverside Cigars (Indiana), Nice Ash (Wisconsin), Havana House (Ohio), Leaf and Bean on the Strip (Pennsylvania), Mom’s Cigar Warehouse (New York), En Fuego Cigars (Nevada), 8 to 8 Cigars (Illinois), Tobaccology (Virginia), Smoke Manayunk (Pennsylvania) and Smoking Dog (New Jersey). About Mombacho Cigars S.A.: Mombacho Cigars S.A. was founded in 2006 to provide premium handmade cigars through memorable experiences in select markets around the world, including Canada, China, Italy and since 2014, the United States. Mombacho produces all of its products at its factory, Casa Favilli, in Granada, Nicaragua, where over 30 members of the Mombacho Family work.
- 4-30-15 Top Ten Derby Cigar Picks
Don't get caught at Derby without the perfect cigar to get you through the races! We've got you covered.
- 4-21-15 Riverside Cigar Shop To Celebrate 4th Anniversary with Derby Eve Gala Featuring World-Famouse Tobacco Farmer Hirochi Robaina
Friday, May 1, Riverside Cigar Shop & Lounge 4th Anniversary Celebration, a Derby Eve Gala featuring world-famous Cuban tobacco farmer Hirochi Robaina and Match Cigar Bar’s own 2015 Angel’s Envy Bourbon House Blend.
- 3-24-15 No Fork In Way comes to Match Cigar Bar
A new, Southern BBQ Roadhouse is accessible from inside Match.
- 1-05-15 Riverside Cigar Shop & Lounge will host a Bourbon and Cigar Pairing Contest This Friday, January 9
Bourbon and Cigar Pairing Contest
- 12-05-14 Riverside Cigar Shop & Lounge to Host a Special Four Roses Cask Strength Release Party
With Special Guest and Master Distiller, Jim Rutledge and 262 Cigar’s Clint Aaron Wednesday, December 17
- 10-21-14 Riverside Cigar Shop & Lounge to Host Halloween Event & El Primer Mundo Cigar Release
El Primer Mundo Cigar President, Sean William will be at Riverside for this special event
- 8-22-14 Drew Estate Cigars Announces “Kentucky Fire Cured Barn Smoker” Event
Epic Backwoods Celebration September 19th in Hopkinsville, KY
- 5-12-14 Private Dinner with the Best in the Business Tonight
Drew Estate Cigars and Angel’s Envy Whiskey at Riverside Cigar Shop and Lounge
- 4-21-14 Riverside Cigar Shop to Host Derby Events
Experts on hand to help you select your winning cigar