Top Ten Derby Cigar Picks4-30-15
1. Riverside House Blend. Perfect for any occasion, mild to medium in body, full of flavor. And affordable, so you can save your money to bet on the Derby winner.
2.CroMagnon Epoch. Riverside Cigar Store exclusive. Rustic, primal, strong. Perfect cigar to cut through all the Mint Juleps at the end of Derby Day.
3. EPC INCH Short Run 64. Another acclaimed cigar from master Ernesto Perez-Carillo. Limited edition, not limited on quality or flavor.
4. La Palina Mr. Sam Toro. A winner from La Palina. Made in honor of the original founder of La Palina, Mr. Samuel Paley, this medium bodied smoke is sure to come in the money.
5. Alec Bradley Nica Puro Diamond. Limited edition, Nicaraguan Puro.
6. Arturo Fuente Don Carlos #2. A classic blend from the Fuente family. Often overlooked, just like those Derby longshots, but this cigar always wins. Try one again soon.
7. Illusione Singulare 2013. Aged to perfection, this limitada is not available anymore at most shops, but we bought a ton when they came out, and now you get to take advantage of a sure winner.
8. Arturo Fuente Anejo. Another cigar you see about as often as a Triple Crown winner, but we still have them. Maduro wrapper leaf aged for 2 years in cognac barrels tops this Derby Champion.
9. Hirochi Robaina HR Cigars. Super premium, blended by the most famous Cuban farming family known to man, the Robaina. Complex, full flavored, and only in 30 stores nationwide. Hirochi had to get permission from the Cuban government to market this cigar in the U.S., and he's coming here Derby week to promote it. You probably don't want to miss this one. May 1st. 6pm.
10. FYR 10th Anniversary. Made by our good friend Abe Flores to honor the 10th Anniversary of their company, medium bodied, full flavored, unique. Special Derby Week price, 25% off full boxes.